- 1 cup whole oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (you can substitute with raisins or dried cranberries if you'd like.)
- 1 tsp. dried stevia - If you don't have stevia you can use 3/4 cup of brown sugar, or an artificial sweetener.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup applesauce - The applesauce is to replace butter, or oil.
- 1/2 tsp. Tahitian Ground Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.) Mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, Tahitian ground, cinnamon, and dried stevia, add applesauce, dates and walnuts. When all ingredients are thoroughly mixed, roll into 1 inch balls, you may use the bottom of a cup to flatten cookies so that are in the traditional cookie shape or keep them in a fun ball shape as we did. Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes, let cool for 10-15 minutes then enjoy!