All you need is:
- 1-2 cups of your favorite cooking oil (Patty used basic vegatable oil)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Vanilla or 1 Vanilla Bean
- Your favorite fresh herb (we used about of half a cup of each of the following Basil, Sage, Thyme, Rosemary and Parsley)
- Medium frying pan
- Set stove at medium tempature.
- pour oil into pan and let oil heat
- add 1/2 tsp of ground vanilla or the caviar of 1 vanilla bean
- When the oil starts bubbling add herbs, be very careful that oil is not too hot, test it by putting one leaf in the oil and if it starts popping oil out of the pan, it's too hot so lower the heat a bit, then add the herbs.
- Let the herbs fry in the pan for about 5-7 or until they are stiff
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Remove herbs and discard
- Pour oil into bottle using funnel
This can make a very nice gift, you can add a ribbon and make your own label and insert some of the herbs into the bottle which would make it very decorative.
This recipe and many more can be found in "Simply Vanilla" Cookbook
Visit our website at http://www.arizonavanilla.com/ for more of our gourmet products.